Biography

Hi, my name is Mallory Shefchik and I am a Theatre major, English minor at St. Norbert College. I am from Green Bay, WI and the eldest daughter of Steve and Marica Shefchik. First off, I love to read; reading has been something that has been part of my life since I was born. My mom would always read stories to us and when I was in elementary school on Wednesdays we would go over to my grandparent’s house and read to my grandpa. So it was kind of a no-brainer that when I got to college that I would do something with literature.

Theatre was introduced to me a little later in my life; middle school to be exact. I was in my middle school’s production of  “The Wizard of Oz” as a munchink. From then on I was in all types of productions doing all different parts of the theatre. From being on stage to being run crew to student directing to stage managing I have done it all.

So with both my love of reading and for there, I feel as though I look at literary things a little different than the rest of the world which plays a part in my writing. The story to me is the most compelling part since that is the driving force of a book or play.

By taking part in this class, I have been able to expand my mind beyond just doing a closing reading of a text but also applying theories and methods to further back up my work. Now better than ever, I know that you don’t just sit down and write a paper; you need to have a process that you follow to get towards your end product.